What causes popping sensation in my finger and hip joints?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX THe past couple of days my legs have been aching but it feels like the muscle is sore and hurting like my calves and sometimes my thigh area. and all my joints are sore also and they are popping. like my finger joints and my hip joints are also popping when i elevate my legs. i ate a banana and some of my pain seemed to go away but it still comes back. Also my shoulder feels stiff. and sometimes i have trouble breathing full long breaths. I was traveling nonstop almost a month ago for ten days and on ten different flights in ten days before. Now these days i have just been in bed most of the time because i am on break. The symptoms seem to go away when I am active during the day but when i lay down i can feel them again. What do you think it could be? Please let me know , thank you.
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of viral infection leading to breathin Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history and symptoms there is possibility of viral infection leading to breathing difficulty and polyarthritis, these symptoms aggravated due to overexertion. Symptoms may decrease with proper rest and healthy diet. Another possibility of polyarthritis with muscle cramps Ankylosing spondylitis typically involve spine and hips with other large joint also. There is reduced chest function in this disease. Stiffness in spine is increased you have such stiffness in spine? Clinical examination is also required to diagnose it. You can do blood test for HLA-B27 to confirm it along wit h it CRP, ESR, CBC will help. For muscle cramp/sore Drinking plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration Stretching your leg muscles for a few minutes Massaging the cramped muscle with your hands or with ice Taking a hot shower or warm bath Taking diet rich in calcium and potassium or oral supplements of the same. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care