What causes plugged ear, muffled hearing, pain in the eastachian tube and dizziness?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a plugged ear muffled hearing pain in the ear an inflamed eustacien tube and i get dizzy. When i pinch my nose and blow i get teally dizzy. Whats wrong and how do i fix it
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Middle ear disease likely. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. In my opinion, this pain in the ear with muffled hearing and dizziness is likely to be due to a middle ear disease. It can be related to an infection, miniere's disease or any middle ear growth. This needs a direct examination by an ENT specialist to confirm the diagnosis. You may also get an MRI scan done to detect any anatomical lesion. I would advise you to consult an ENT surgeon to first confirm the cause of your symptoms i.e the exact diagnosis whether meniere's or proprioceptive disorders or any neurological cause by evaluation and investigation ( mri, audiogram, etc) The treatment will depend on the cause and its severity. Its best not to delay consultation as the further progression might decrease the chances of better response to oral medicines . I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.