What causes pins and needles sensation?

My 3 year old keeps saying he feels like he has pins and needles in his leg? Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax, Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. These are growing pains which are commonly seen in children. I suggest you to : -massage his legs/do stretching/apply hot pack/give acetaminophen if discomfort is more. In case it is associated with symptoms like: Fever/pain in joints/loss of appetite then get him examined by doctor as physical examination will be required. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. Good bless....