What causes pins and needles sensation with headaches?

Hi, A few days ago i experience pins and needles in my left hand... It lasted several days. Now that pins and needles sensation has subsided but is now replaced by horrendous headaches and a prickly feeling all over my body when i exhert myself also,stomach has not been great (nausea)
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: For paresthesia you can take multivitamins Detailed Answer: Hi, I appreciate your concern. Pins and needles sensation may be due to parasthesia , which can be due to many causes like vitamin B12 deficency. In case you are a vegetarian, it may be due to Vitamin B12 deficency.In case you had episodic weakness of upper limb with numbness it may indicate TIA( minor stroke). I would recommened that you monitor your Blood Pressure& Blood Sugar levels alongwith get your Fasting lipid levels and get yourself screened for any vitamin B12 levels. Hope its helpful. please ask if you have any query