What causes pink spotting?

I see pink blood when I wipe after using the bathroom, I had a test 2 weeks ago and the doctor said I had no infection or anything else. I am starting to worry
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Followuup Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. It is important for your doctors to determine if you have some type of bleeding going on in the urinary tract. This is something that can be checked with a urinalysis. If the urinalysis does show blood in the urine then it would be important to make sure there was nothing going on within the urinary tract all the way up to the kidney. This can include infection or rarely it can include cancers. Again cancers are rare but real causes of blood in the urine. also it would be important for you to have a complete blood count to see what your total hemoglobin looks like. If your hemoglobin is normal this would go against some type of active problem. It may be just some irritation of the bladder wall. overall I think would be reasonable to get a urinalysis done. If the urinalysis shows blood then I would recommend you see a urologist to investigate. thank you again for sending your question. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance in the future. Sincerely, Dr. Galamaga