What causes pink discharge,cramping,tender breasts with nausea?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Hi I am 5 days late for my period, not on birth control, trying to conceive with my husband. the first 3 days being late i had brownish/ pink discharge, mild cramping, tender breasts, some mild nausea(on and off) on the 4th day being late the discharge became more pinkish in color, but not the consistancy that a period would look like a little on the panty liner i was using. this morning i woke up little pinkish/ red discharge on my liner, but still not a normal looking period. so is this my period? should i count it as my period? I usually have dark red blood, and some clotting, not to mention i usually have to change my pad about 2-3 times a day. Don't know whats been going on. If i am pregnant i would be around 4weeks and 1day so i know its too early to really tell.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be a period or is from implantation. Detailed Answer: Hello!Thanks for your query. This may be a period or is from implantation. More chances are that you have passed a period. You should minimally take a pregnancy test at home. Urine pregnancy test kits are available over-the-counter at most pharmacies. If the test is positive you should do an TVS after 7 to 10 days and may take duphastone until you become 12 weeks and folic acid. For duphastone you will need a doctor's prescription. If the test is negative you should not worry because this may be from hormonal imbalance . If this episode repeated you should consult with a gynecologist for further evaluation. Take care of your self