What causes pink colour blood mixed urine during pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
I am 21 weeks pregnant. I went for a long walk today, nothing vigorous - light walk for 15km. Although, I did notice some pain in my lower right side of my abdomen (close to my appendix scar) when I was first on the go this morning. When I got home I urinated normally, normal colour ... however when I urinated a second time there was a noticeable pink hue to the residue on the toilet paper and the urine in the toilet was reddish, as if I had eaten a bunch of beets (which I haven't) There is no pain, no discomfort, and the baby has been moving normally. The red is definitely in my urine. I am.womdering if this is something considered urgent or if I am okay to wait to call my doctor this week. Thanks.. XXXX
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: UTI Detailed Answer: Hi There are 2 possibilities 1. Simple urinary tract infection which is common in pregnancy. Drink lots of water and you will find relief. 2. Small renal stone trying to pass out. If pain or pink colour blood mixed urine comes again please get a scan done to check stones. Don't worry. Its not major. Wait and watch Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: What causes pink colour blood mixed urine during pregnancy? 2 minutes later
Thank you! First pregnancy jitters.. and the sight of red/blood really can make one worry. I will continue to monitor, and will stop feeling stressed about it :). Thanks again. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Don't worry Detailed Answer: Hi Its not major. Just relax. Regards