What causes pink/brown spotting?

Infertility Specialist
I had a regular period on 12/22/13. On 01/10/14 i had a really light pink/brown spotting that has bee ongoing since. It stopped for 2 days now back again.
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later
This is your periods. This is normal and nothing to worry about it.
Follow-up: What causes pink/brown spotting? 33 minutes later
No my normal period was on 12/21/13. On january 10 i started the light pink/brown discharge. It has been continuous since then with only 2 days it completely stopped. My periods come every 27-30 days and last about 7 days with heavy cramping from endometreosis. I generally havw heavy cramping, clotting, and bleeding. Ive never had this before.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 36 hours later
Brief Answer: possibilities Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for additional information. I suggest following are possibilities for continuous bleeding and treatment options : 1. Please rule out pregnancy by doing serum beta hCG. Unknown pregnancy or abortion could lead to such bleeding. 2. If endometrioma is large it needs to be operated and removed. 3. Get scan to rule out fibroids. Let me know if you have any more questions Regards