What causes pink blood discharge?

I see pink blood on the toilet paper when i wipe after i use the bathrrom
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 23 minutes later
Hi , Good day. There are number of reasons for your symptoms. Pink blood indicates fresh bleeding. It could just be a local injury around your anal region. It could be haemorrhoids, fissues, etc. It could alos come from lower part of your large intestine. To differentiate these, you need to meet your GP who will then examine you and might do a rectal finger examination +/- Colonoscopy
Follow-up: What causes pink blood discharge? 10 minutes later
It is from the virgina, i had test 2 weeks ago and the doctor said it showed no infection or anything else. And i have not had any sex after the doctor did the test for me .. I had my period finished about 10 days ago. Could this blood mark be something XXXXXXX or what?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stay Relaxed Detailed Answer: Hi, As i mentioned earlier, mostly these are caused by local injuries ( during wiping etc), haemorrhoids, fissures etc. But then your GP didnt find anything abnormal on examination. Please be relaxed. But if this recurs, i would urge you to seek epert medical opinion from a gastroenterologist