What causes pink blood discharge?

May 2013
I had my period and had sex 4 days into cycle while still on my period. My period stopped but 14 days into my cycle i peed and wiped some pinkish blood and now it is brown. I have had three babies and I have not had this happen before.
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ovulatory bleeding, hormonal effect Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. As you had intercourse during menstrual period, the possibility of pregnancy is less. Because in case of regular periods, ovulation will not occur during first 4 to 5 days of menstrual cycle. The possible causes of your spotting are: -Ovulatory bleeding. In case of 28 to 30 days menstrual cycles, ovulation can occur on around 14th day of the cycle. Some women may have spotting at the time of ovulation. -Intermenstrual bleeding due to hormonal imbalance. If the spotting subsides, no need to worry. If it persists or repeats better to consult gynecologist once and get evaluated. If you had intercourse after menstrual period also, once check for pregnancy at around expected date of periods. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.