What causes pinching sensation on the labia near the clitoris?

I get a pinching sensation on the right side of my labia near the clitoris from time to time. Just yesterday it started on the left side, this time not near the clitoris. 4 years ago I had my first abnormal pap and a year after had another and it was normal, HPV came back negative. I haven't had one since because I don't have insurance. I was wondering if this pain is caused from my everyday use of panty liners or if it's a sign of something more serious?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to pinching sensations explained below.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I am glad to come to know that your PAP test has turned normal and HPV was negative. The pinching sensation you have on the labia near the clitoris could be related to: - allergic reaction because of everyday panty liners you use, especially, if you do not change them often - the method you use to remove the pubic hair (especially if you do shave) - vaginal infection - urinary tract infection - pinworms or other intestinal parasitic infections I'd suggest to: - use cotton pants and to avoid using panty liners for a while to see if improvement - keep your genitalia well cleaned, wash with warm water and hypoallergic soap/cream and with chamomile tea - keep the genitalia well dried - apply Greek yogurt - take otc clotrimazole vaginal cream for 6 days - drink plenty of water - please avoid sex while on medication - wash your genitalia immediately after having sex If the symptoms won't improve within a week after the changes, then, should consult your OG specialist for further evaluation and to run further tests including: - urine analysis - vaginal swab testing - examination of stool for ova/parasites All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: What causes pinching sensation on the labia near the clitoris? 8 minutes later
Another question I've been looking online since I submitted my first question and now I'm a little paranoid. Does my condition sound like herpes symptoms. I'm married and have only been with my husband, he hasn't had pain or sores.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can you send in the pictures of your labia problem Detailed Answer: Hi back my dear, Thank you for following up. Can you please send in a picture of your current problem? You are saying to have only a pinching sensation without any other local problem (like bump or sore). The picture could help me assist you further! You can upload by clicking on the right bottom button in the next follow up. If your husband is not having any pain or sores, then, there is little/zero chance to have herpes. Furthermore, other pap tests you did were negative for herpes infections. With regards to vaginal infection, it is common to occur when being sexually active. So, it is better to get further evaluated and treated accordingly together with your husband. Usually, males do not have symptoms due to their anatomical properties. However, your husband should be also treated along with you to get eradicate the symptoms. Looking forward to have the requested photos! Dr.Alba