What causes pinching pain above the right eye?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Hello Doctor,

This is regarding pain in the area above right eye (Around Eyebrow as shown in the attached picture). I did the Gym yesterday after few years (Lifted weight) and started feeling pinching pain above right eye after I reached home from Gym.
I am facing intermittent pain above right eye till little above forehead from last 1.3 years. As per Doctor, that pain could be from TMJ but nothing to be worried about. I am little concerned if the pain I am having now (Around Eyebrow) could be because of any blood vessel unable to take the pressure of the weight I lifted? I just lifted 2 Dumbbells of 10 lb each above head 15 times and didn't feel pain while I was doing so.
Also, Please note that I have a small pimple in the same area (Near to the pain area). Not sure if this pain can be because of that pimple. But I am having this pain since last 20 hours (Except for 8 hours of sleep in between).

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish
Posted 6 days ago in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not related to the weight lifting in gym.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.

I have noted your clinical details. Based on this, it is most likely due to the pimple in the affected area. In any case, it is not a serious issue and also not related to the weight lifting in the gym.

If the pain is troubling, you can take ibuprofen or naproxen tablets. You would be fine in a few days.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in