What causes pimples inside the vagina?

I cut myself recently while shaving and now I have small whitehead looking bumps just inside my vagina. I didn't even notice until it started to burn during urination. I used a mirror to find the cut and that's when I noticed the pimples
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Use sitz baths! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this cut that you sustained during shaving. Considering the information you have provided, this is most likely after shave folliculitis(inflammation of hair follicles). They are generally not threatening and managed by simply disinfecting the area with antiseptic solutions. Because this is in the vaginal, I will advise that you use sitz baths. Add 15ml of chlorhexidine into 1liter of lukewarm water in a bowl. Sit in the bowl of water 2times per day for 5days. This will ensure that the area is sterilized, the pains and inflammation cleared and the small infected taken care of. Tylenol/Ibuprofen would also help with the pains. When next you are shaving, please avoid shaving very low so as to avoid irritation and skin cuts. If these bumps should persist or you start having an offensive vaginal discharge, I will recommend seeing a doctor for consultation and examination. I hope this addresses your question fully. I wish you well. Please, feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah,MD.
Follow-up: What causes pimples inside the vagina? 45 minutes later
can I buy this over the counter at a local pharmacy? ie walgreens or walmart?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, CVS/Walgreen/etc Detailed Answer: Yes, you can get this drug OTC. Simply request for chlorhexidine topical solution. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD