What causes physiologic changes during transition to menopause?

Infertility Specialist
On 28 Dec during very early hours, I went to the bathroom not feeling well. When I got to the bathroom, I had passed out, hit my head possibly on the toilet but do not know how long I was out. Other than the gooseberry on my forehead, I felt for the most part fine. I was anticipating a menstrual cycle around 21 Dec but I never had one. As of today, I have lost about 4 pounds. I have consistent bowel movements, eat healthy, and exercise frequently. I also have an appointment to see a doctor on Monday, XXXXXXX 13th. In the meantime, my body seems to be "off" for lack of a better word.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: climacteric changes Detailed Answer: Hi You probably seem to be experiencing climacteric changes meaning transition to menopause. That's why you didn't get your periods. You passed out in bathroom probably because of hypoglycaemia which occurs occasionally. Please get your blood sugar tested along with blood pressure. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol