What causes persisting mid back pain?

Nov 2013

I have severe stabbing pain in my middle back, xray shows nothing, mri shows nothing. But it is very painful, and hurts all day everyday. If someone touches the vertabrae, I get a really bad pain that shoots up my spine. Recently my reflexes were checked. they hit my knees and arms, I usually kick or my arm would move. Nothing happened multiple tries. would there be another way to look at my spine. They have to be missing something. Do I need a contrast mri?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have noted your symptoms and am pleased to note that your X-rays and MRI are normal. However, as the pain is persisting, you require further evaluation. This could include contrast MRI of spine and bone scan. On bone scan, an infection, trauma, or cancer-related disease activity can be picked up, which may get missed on MRI. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: