What causes persistent sneezing after waking up?

Hi I have a kid whose age is 7 years, he is a baby boy, i think he suffers with allergy, when he waskes up from the sleep he has persistent sneezing, i would like to understand the reason for this
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: possibly allergy or sinusitis Detailed Answer: hi XXXXXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal If he has sneezing the possibility of allergy is really strong. And I would agree with you about that. What really happens is that the body at some stage develops chemicals in itself which are usually supposed to fight infections. But here, these chemicals react to what may otherwise be harmless in general population. Usually pollen, fur from animals, synthetic cosmetics and certain clothes are the commonest cause of allergies. I would suggest you let me know all the reports tested for him so far. I would also suggest just one test for now- serum IgE. This is like a confirmatory test- if its positive, we can surely say he has allergy. I would also consider the possibility of sinusitis, the infection of the airspaces in the skull. This usually develops after an episode of common cold, and persists thereafter. I would suggest an x ray pns waters view. I would also suggest steam inhalation 3 times daily. Do let me know the aforementioned reports and I will try to help you further. Looking forwards to your response Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal, MD