What causes persistent nose bleeding?

ENT Specialist
I always have bllood in my nose this past year every day all day usually just crusty blood inside my nostril and when I blow my nose I do see blood on tissue bright red I am concerned because it's going to be a year and they don't know if it's a cancer or something in the brain I just shoveled came inside and saw that my nose must of been bleeding the whole time outside it was dried when i came in and i blew my nise and again bigh red fresh blood .. How serious is this ?? Please respond asap i am. Ery concerned
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: please meet your ent doctor! Detailed Answer: Hello! Bleeding from the nose, that too for around a year is pretty serious and needs to be thoroughly evaluated! I would like to assure you that it is unlikely to be cancer! as you dont have any other symptoms of it! It is more likely to be a sinus infection or an ulcer in your nose , which is causing the bleeding and is easily treatable with medications. Please dont worry, just meet your ENT doctor as soon as possible, he will do an endoscopy on you and guide you further. Take care