What causes persistent leg aches?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My legs ache all the time, especially my right leg. It hurts to bend my right knee.I've tryed OTC for joint pain, but it still hurts
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: To have relief ,you can do following. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us It looks from your details that you are suffering from pain at your knee.Most common reason for knee pain at advanced age is arthritis knee.This can be confirmed by some features which are present in radio-graph or x ray of knee. To have relief in osteoarthritis knee,you should do following- -Start doing exercises for quadriceps muscles.You may learn this from your physiotherapist. -Start doing warm fomentation with rubber bag over knee for at least 3 times a day. -Take a good analgesic like advil or aleeve. -There are some dietary substances like glucosamine ,chondroitin sulfate, These substances help in repairing of damaged cartilage of knee in early stages. -Avoid squatting movements at knee. -In early stages exercises, medicines ,joint supplements & intra articular injections are helpful . Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes persistent leg aches? 45 minutes later
Please explain warm fomenation with a rubber bag
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Done by following way Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Giving hot water with the help of cloth, sponge, bottle or rubber bag etc. on any part, is called HOT FOMENTATION. It is done by following way- First of all, fill the rubber bag with hot tolerable water and close its mouth. Apply it to the affected area. If it is too hot, then wrap it in a wollen cloth and then it should be kept as attaching to the body. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. If you have no further query, please close the discussion, rate the answer and give your reviews about this service. Take care