What causes persistent head and face sweating?

Hi. I am 63 yr old woman. About 15 yrs ago I started getting head and face sweats, particularly, at that time, during activity. If dancing I looked like i had my head in a bucket of water, dripping hair etc. I sought medical help 2 yrs ago whe. Social occasions and mild anxiety seemed to affect me as well. I was diagnosed as being diabetic type 2 and take 3 x 500mg MetforminR at night. No improvement in sweats. Have been to a GP specialising in naturopathy taking multiples of vitamins with no improvement at all. I feel embarrassed and socially debilitated and at the end of my tether. I do not sweat at night. Thanks for any assistance or advice. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: hormonal imbalance probable Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Good day and thank you for visiting Health care magic. I noted that your symptoms started 15 years ago which means you were 48 years at that time. I suspect that hormonal imbalance which happen at the time of menopause could be causing this. For majority of people it lasts only for few years but for some, it might last several more years. You must also check your thyroid status. Postmenopausal hot flushes respond to hormone pills but at this age they may be unsafe. There are several other things like evening prim XXXXXXX oil and flax seeds etc which contain natural estrogen. That may be of use. However to pinpoint your issues, please meet an endocrinologist who can advice you further. Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need further advice kind regards Binu