What causes persistent abdominal pain?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2016
Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Question
Hello doctor
For about 3 days Pain in my stomach especially when lying down at night..No fever ,no acid reflux or vomitkng..No diarrea..it help to sleep on stomach or put hot compress but when i sleep on stomach my back hurt..
The pain is less strong during the day but its non stop..When pain started last Thursday eve it was very cold outside and very sudden..10 degrees celsous drop in one day..
Dont know if related..
My stomach has always been a bit weak ,slow digestion and occasionally acidity if eating wrong food..But if i get acidity or indegestion it generally goes away in a couple of hrs..not pain like this
I am seeing my practitioner next Thursday (hes not available before)..but in the meantime what shoul I do?
Thank you
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take Dicyclomin or such anti-spasmodic.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Noted the history and understood your concerns, trying to avoid Allopathy medications and trial with the preparation you have mentioned.
In view of weak, slow digestion, occasional acidity and exposure to sudden cold can cause such a pain in abdomen and you have also a backache on sleeping on stomach which again can be due to exposure to cold.
Although there is no fever, acid reflux, vomiting or diarrhea there is still a possibility of low grade intestinal infection or disturbed GI bacterial flora.
Hence it would be advisable to take an anti-spasmodic like Dicyclomin to relieve pain in abdomen, take a probiotic, curd/yogurt, bananas and plenty of warm liquids; maintain yourself to be in a warm atmosphere.
Please do this and let me know the results.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.