What causes perforations in her intestines and how serious is it?

Infertility Specialist
My 37 year old daughter just called me and said that the x ray showed she may have perforations in her intestines. What could be the cause and how serious is this
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: emergency Detailed Answer: Hi Perforation in intestine is due to fever like typhoid or operative complications. She needs to rush to ER with xray. She needs to be operated immediately to fix perforation if its present. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards