Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes penis and scrotum to turn purple black ?

Question
I recently undwewent a two level cervical fusion,and bonw as harvested from my hip. This is the tird time I have been throgh this type of suegeru so pretty familiar with the process. My right testicle started causing me pain a hour or so ago and upon examining myself my pubic area and all pbut the very tip of my penis is black or XXXXXXX purple in color, and the right side of my scrotum is tunring balck as well. It should also be noted that the bone was harvested from my right hip as well. Tried pubmed but no answrs so far. Signed scarred as hell
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 36 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

The blood supply to your pubic area is compensated. Either the venous return or arterial supply is affected. Most likely venous return is affected because of the surgery.

Kindly contact the operating surgeon urgently. According to me, it is an emergency, because the local area can turn gangrenous in no time at all.

The collection of blood becomes purple or black when it is stagnant. The pain is because of the local swelling. It would be good to know the details of the operation and when was it done.

But without waiting for my answer, contact your operating surgeon immediately. Please let me know the details what your surgeon has advised.

Waiting to help you through your queries after you initial examination by your doctor.