Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes penilepulp on penis?

Apr 2014

I have 2 small hard nubs on my penis. I went to the doctor and she told me it's a penilepulp or something. They have not gotten larger at all and are benign. However a couple more smaller one have started around the edge of my foreskin. I read an article about penis cancer and got freaked out please help
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: I don't think you are suffering from penile cancer Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM I don't think you are suffering from penile cancer. Your symptoms have developed in short span of time so it indicates infective or allergic causes.Other skin lesions should also be excluded as well. Age and symptoms doesn't support cancer.Penile cancer is generally associated with pain,foul smelling discharge,redness,bleeding etc.It is rare under 50 years of age.So,you shouldn't worry about penile cancer. You should take care of local hygiene.Clean smegma regularly.You may need topical antibiotic or steroid treatment. If possible,please upload photos through attachments of healthcare magic with reference to Dr.Indu XXXXXXX Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX