What causes peeling gums when suffering from diabetes and hypoventilation syndrome?

Dentist
Question
Yes I just lost you on the computer, I am the one with peeling gums dor 9 months saw all kinds of dentists , I have a breathing problem called hypoventilation syndrome and I am on oxygen as needed, I have diabetes also.
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be Lichen Planus Detailed Answer: Hello,XXXX thank you for consulting with XXXXXXX This is Dr. Dipti Singh here to answer your query. As you are mentioning that you have a problem of peeling gums since 9 months and you are also diabetic, it looks that you have a problem of lichen planus. As this disease is common in old aged female's and even more often accompanied with diabetes and hypertension. In this disease the gums peel off with greyish white pigmentation in Oral cavity. Better that once you should visit an Oral Medicine specialist, as he will properly examine it and give you proper treatment. Hope it will help you.

Follow-up: What causes peeling gums when suffering from diabetes and hypoventilation syndrome? 12 hours later
What type of doctor should I see? I have seen 3 dentists, two oral pathologists, oral surgeon, a periadontist and a nose ear and throat Doctor. Please tell me exactly which doctor to call, iam in such discomfort! Thank You!

Brief Answer: ORAL MEDICINE SPECIALIST Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXX You should consult with an Oral medicine specialist, as he will examine the gums thoroughly and if needed he will go for biopsy and other chair side investigations which will help in diagnosis. Hope it will help you. Thank you