What causes palpitaions while trying to sleep?

hello, during the day i feel great i started back walking shovling a little snow, but on and off at nite my pulse starts to go fast when i lay down to go to sleep.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Resting pulse and resp rate at sleep Detailed Answer: Hi, First thing is are you on any medications? Certain medications can cause high pulse and sleeplessness. If you are uncomfortable only during sleep it might be because of sleeplessness and anxiety. It would be better to confirm other heart and lung problems by measuring resting pulse rate, respiration per min and BP at night. If you are due for an annual physical check up I suggest you at this point of time. Hope this helps.