What causes pale skin tone?

please look ay my sons skin tone is not me am I over reacting he looks pale to me am worried if am over reacting please tell me
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ruling out anemia Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Form the picture, I find that the skin tone appears to be perfectly normal. Your son just seems to have a slightly different skin tone from yours. Though to completely rule out any anemia, a blood hemoglobin assessment is essential but from clinical symptoms also we can try and rule out the same. I would like to know if there are any symptoms of anemia in your child like decreased appetite, breathlessness, tiredness, shortness of breath or difficulty in concentrating, leg cramps or insomnia. If he does not have any such symptoms, then I think there is no need to worry. Dr Geetika Paul