What causes pain,swelling,redness and red blisters on feet?
User rating for this question
Well I have pain, swelling, redness,and there are spots that look like red blisters but they arre not raised and have no liquid in them. This is on my third toe on the left foot. I have had this for about two weeks now, and about three or four days ago, the same thing started happening on my second toe. There is no pain on the ball of my foot, and no joint pain or stiffness in the toe. It also "itch hurts" and kinda feels "better" if I rub or gently sort of scratch it. It is NOT athletes foot. Someone has suggested Reynauds phenomenon, but I have gotten this before in the summer, so I doubt that it is Reynauds. I dont feel that it is arthritis because there is no stiffness or pain the joints.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Tinea corporis is the main cause... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting your query here. I read your query carefully and I hope I can help you. All the symptoms you refer make me think that you suffer from Dermatophytosis and more exactly Tinea corporis that affects the foots. These infection are easily taken in summer. Other factors is diabetes mellitus, so you need a glycemic test. To determine the right diagnose you need a fungal culture of foot(taking samples by lightly scraping your foot skin with a sharp blade). The result will determine the needed treatment. Your symptoms aren't related with arthritis. You should contact a dermatologist. Ask for anything unclear. Dr. Behar.
People also viewed
- Unexplained welts that turn into bruises
- Vasal vegal disease
- What causes red blisters in inner thighs
- What causes painswellingredness and red blisters on feet
- Modus 10 mg for irregular periods
- What causes the bleeding of red blister on tongue
- Lighter hpt at 10 weeks
- Nikoran od 10 ingredients
- Men urinating more than 10 times
- Upset stomach cant sleep skin is itchy
- Tooth extraction and sciatic nerve
- What causes raised dry red blisters on the nose
- What is the cause for itchy wrist with red blisters
- Vagus nerve arrythmias vitamin b
- Simvor 10 kidney stone