What causes painless, small, white bumps in mouth?

Hi Dr , In my mouth i found small white bumps from last one year . no itching , no pain ,nothing .. but still its increasing very slow in number
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Good evening XXXXX, I hope you remember the chat we had this evening. I am answering your query here to make it better for us to communicate. As suggested over chat, please upload pictures of the white bumps in your mouth. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. You may want to utilize it. Alternatively, you can mail it to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as "Attention to Dr. Shanthi". I shall wait for the images before commenting further. Most likely, these kind of lesions are harmless, and pose no health risk. Awaiting your response. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes painless, small, white bumps in mouth? 7 minutes later
Hi Dr , I have sent the pictures to the mentioned iD and uploaded the pictures in the query page . with prayers XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Leukoplakia more likely Detailed Answer: Good morning XXXXX, Thank you for the images. I have looked into them in depth. The lesion seems more likely to be Leukoplakia. This I tell you because of its presence since a year, and there are no associated symptoms like itching and pain. Many a time, the cause for this is unknown or idiopathic. However, smoking, tobacco use, alcohol, malocclusion of teeth can cause this. You must be aware of this. Do not worry; this is a harmless condition. However, it would be better to get a mucosal biopsy of the lesion to rule out any pre-existing cancer. Please request your primary care physician to order a mucosal biopsy of the same. Otherwise, this requires a close watch, and annual follow up with your doctor. Hope this information helps you. Let me know if you have more queries. Good day!
Thanks Mam .. Have a great day :)
Brief Answer: Thank you too Detailed Answer: It's my pleasure to help you. Take care!