What causes painless bruising around the navel?
User rating for this question
My wife has found a huge bruise on her tummy, but no pain
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Internal bleeding from abdomen or Blood disorders Detailed Answer: Hello, Bruising around her navel can be an indication of bleeding in the abdomen. It is due to the collection of blood in abdomen and between the layers of abdomen. It is most commonly due to internal bleeding in abdomen and dissecting of blood. As you do not had any injury, I suspect it to be silent internal bleeding from pancreas. But few other general causes may also cause the bruising in abdomen. 1. Disorders of blood clotting 2. Leukemia - type of blood cancer. 3. Platelet disorders 4. Connective tissue diorders Some times Dietary supplements such as fish oil, ginkgo biloba, garlic, and ginger may also have have blood-thinning properties that may make people bruise more easily. Please do the following investigations and reply back for further queries. 1. Full blood count (FBC) with differential Count 2. Peripheral blood smear for platelet abnormalities 3. coagulation screen 4. Prothrombin time (PT) - to assess the extrinsic and common clotting pathways 5. Activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) - to assess the intrinsic pathway 6. Clauss fibrinogen - for fibrinogen function 7. Thrombin time - for fibrinogen functional defects 8. Hepatic and renal functions 9. Ultrasound and CT and MRI abdomen. Hope this helps. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Ear pops when doing epley
- What causes painless bruising around the navel
- White spot on heart doing echogram
- More pimples with mono
- What causes bloating above the navel?
- What causes swelling in inner navel and bloated stomach
- What causes sensitivity around the navel
- What causes water to flow from my navel
- Freedom health hiv dna pcr
- Dna fragmantation for male infertility
- Sudden swelling on mons pubis
- Tenderness of the mons pubis
- Mons veneris red spots
- Dna transfer during intercourse
- Purple spots on mons