What causes painful pimples in vagina?

Question
I hv got pimple in my vagina without the pus its very painful n m going again n again for urinating The image atta hed
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Blocked gland. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pimple that you have is likely to be due to a blocked and infected gland or a hair follicle. Since you are having a frequency of micturition, a urinary infection s also likely. This can be confirmed after a routine urine examination. You need to have oral antibiotics and pain killers like ibuprofen to control the symptoms. Do a hot fomentation in the area till then and apply a local antiseptic ointment like neosporin on the area till you get the antibiotics prescribed from your physician. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 23 minutes later
Wt is hair follicile

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: It is the root of a hair. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. Hair follicle is the root of the hair from which a hair grows. It can also get infected and become painful like you have. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 3 minutes later
I hv been to doctor took My test n gv me antibiotics n there was white doscharge took the swab

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Swab will help in diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Hello. It is good that you have started taking oral antibiotics. This will help the symptoms to decrease in next 3-4 days. Wish you an early recovery. Regards.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 4 hours later
Can i put ice pack on tht so it bursts it has gone big has it gt septic i mean pus pls help

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hot compress will be better. Detailed Answer: Hello. A hot compress will help in an earlier healing. Since you are taking the oral antibiotic, there is no need to worry. Once the pus will be drained, the pimple will settle down. Do try not to touch the area frequently to avoid any infections in the area. Regards.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 10 hours later
Its very painful getting bigger n bigger pls help m not able to bare thos pain

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do take a pain killer. Detailed Answer: I have seen the picture attached. It is bigger and more inflamed. You need to take a pain killer like ibuprofen every six hours for relief. Doing a regular hot fomentation will help. It will take next 3-4 days to subside after the pus drains out. Do continue with the antibiotic that has been prescribed to you. Regards.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 2 minutes later
Can i ask doctor to tk out the pus wis injection

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be taken out from a small XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello. The pus can be drained to decrease the swelling but it is difficult to aspirate the pus with a syringe. This needs a small incision for all the pus to drain out. It will be a painful procedure but will bring you relief earlier. You can ask your physician for drainage of pus. Regards.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 5 hours later
I gt pus drain

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
Brief Answer: feeling better? Detailed Answer: After the drainage of pus, you must be feeling better now. Do continue with antibiotics and pain killers to decrease the inflammation as prescribed to you. Regards. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 14 minutes later
It is bartholin cyst they said they wont do surgery right now as it is self draining n if it reoccurs again they will do surgery n one more thing wanted to ask how long the drainage continues

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Usually drains in 3-4 days. Detailed Answer: Surgery is not needed in a draining cyst. The drainage usually continues for 3-4 days and then gradually decreases on its own. If the infection is severe or repeated a surgical procedure known as marsupialization may be required to stop further recurrences. Hope you will get better soon. Regards.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 31 minutes later
Ya thts wt gynaecologist said its subsided a lot but bit pain i hope its normal

Brief Answer: Mild pain is normal. Detailed Answer: Mild amount of pain is normal. It will gradually subside as the inflammation decreases. Do continue with the hot fomentation for early healing and to decrease pain. Regards.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 22 hours later
N i hv got white discharge as well. And second thing i clean my tongue everyday. Wanted to ask everyday a bit white thing comjng is Normal right as i hv got sinus problem.

Brief Answer: This is normal. Detailed Answer: Hello. The white coating of the tongue that comes out on scraping daily is due to the food particles that deposit on the tongue. This is normal and needs to be cleaned everyday. The white discharge that you have could be due to a mild fungal infection if it is associated with smell and itching. This can be easily treated with vaginal suppositories and oral therapy after consulting your gynecologist. Regards.

Follow-up: What causes painful pimples in vagina? 29 minutes later
K thank u so much appreciate it

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcoe. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. I am glad I could help. Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards