What causes painful lump in the labia?
User rating for this question
I have a painful lump in one of my labia majors folds. It has turned a deep purple color. I have no other symptoms except discomfort. What could this be? Also, is a palpable nodule and not a lesion type blister.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Local examination by gynec, verify diagn & treat Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to Healthcare Magic. The swelling at that site can be a boil, a Barthllin cyst/abscess or a wart if it's surface is rough and velvety. Please let me know- 1. Since how long it is there? 2. Has is got rough surface? If possible upload side and front photo. The swelling seems to be Bartholin's cyst most likely and drainage is most suitable option. This can be done on outpatient basis and under local anesthesia, procedure is almost painless. It is highly advisable that you get a local examination by a gynaecologist of your locality for verification of the diagnosis and definitive treatment. Other two possibilities can be treated by local antimicrobial application Take care.
People also viewed
- What causes lump near labia minora
- Awful itching after bartholin burst
- Swollen labia after appendicitis
- Cytoltic vaginosis after having baby
- Smoking cannabis after a massage
- Bulky uterus after vacume aspiration
- Excessive saliva after quitting cannabis
- Cause of hard lump on labia
- Orange blood after having a baby
- Oral cancer after 3 months
- What causes painful lump in the labia
- What causes lumps and soreness in the labia minora
- Can cansoft clotrimazole be used after intercourse
- Causes of inner labia lump
- Cani eat sweet after eating panadol