What causes painful lump in the labia?
User rating for this question
I have a painful lump in one of my labia majors folds. It has turned a deep purple color. I have no other symptoms except discomfort. What could this be? Also, is a palpable nodule and not a lesion type blister.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Local examination by gynec, verify diagn & treat Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to Healthcare Magic. The swelling at that site can be a boil, a Barthllin cyst/abscess or a wart if it's surface is rough and velvety. Please let me know- 1. Since how long it is there? 2. Has is got rough surface? If possible upload side and front photo. The swelling seems to be Bartholin's cyst most likely and drainage is most suitable option. This can be done on outpatient basis and under local anesthesia, procedure is almost painless. It is highly advisable that you get a local examination by a gynaecologist of your locality for verification of the diagnosis and definitive treatment. Other two possibilities can be treated by local antimicrobial application Take care.
People also viewed
- What causes lump near labia minora
- What is the treatment for vaginal pain when urinating
- I am suffering from severe premenstrual symptoms
- Cause of hard lump on labia
- I am suffering from productive cough chest pains wheezing dizziness
- What causes painful lump in the labia
- What does anteflexed uterus on transabdominal scan mean
- What are the ill-effects of consuming sleeping pills
- What causes lumps and soreness in the labia minora
- What is the cause of pain inside vagina during intercourse
- How do i transition into estroven after abdominal hysterectomy
- My husband is suffering from varicocele
- How to heal itching around vaginal area after shaving
- Causes of inner labia lump
- What are the symptoms of parasitic infection