What causes painful and veiny Uvula and arcus Pharyngopalatinus?

Hi, 28 year old pregnant female (23 weeks), painful and veiny Uvula And arcus Pharyngopalatinus. No other cold symptoms. This I started 4 days ago and getting worse.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptomatic treatment is advised. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX It could be an upper respiratory tract infection like Pharyngitis. I presume you are not having associated fever. I usually give only symptomatic treatment for my patients with similar complaints. I usually give them Plain paracetamol if pain is severe, otherwise tell to do warm salt water gargling, steam inhalation and taking only warm fluids/ water. Usually a common cold will take 1 week to completely resolve. Usually nothing much treatment is required. There is no role of antibiotics for common cold, unless it is super-infected. I advise you to visit your doctor for diagnosing the condition and for the treatment. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!