What causes pain,burning and occasional itching the anus?

About a year ago I started having this burning feeling on my tongue it followed with some redness and inflammation on my gums. I went to a clinic and she said that she thought it may be an autoimmune problem. A couple months later I started feeling pain, burning, and occasional itching around my anus. It felt like I had a tear when I wiped it noticed small amounts of blood. This has been happening nonstop and there are very little periods of relief. Usually when my mouth beings to hurt.. Burning lip and redness around and under my tongue...I've noticed that my bowel movements and anus also hurt. I also become either constipated or have bad diarrhea at these times. I haven't had any blisters or any oozing of yellow pus. At theses times I also feel very depleted of energy and just not well. I have no insurance so seeing the doctor and adding to medical bills I already have make me apprehensive to do so.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Glossitis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query From the description you have given it looks like you are suffering from glossitis which like your doctor described could be either due to autoimmune in origin other causes for such a representation of symptoms are Vitamin deficiencies and thyroid disorders. I understand that you do not have insurance but further work up is definitely necessary as the symptoms are not enough to come to a conclusion in your case. The bowel issue looks like a different problem altogether, which from your description sounds like a fissure in ano ( Small crack in the anus) Here are my suggestions to you 1. Approach a gastroenterologist for examination and investigation in the form of 1. Complete blood count with peripheral smear, Vit B12 and folic acid levels and thyroid profile 2. If the above tests come as normal ANA test has to be sent 3. For the burning anus and constipation here is what i suggest i. Syp Lactulose 15ml at night when constipated ii. Lignocaine jelly to be applied over the anus for pain relief iii. High fibre diet full of vegetables and fruits 4. If the examination does not show fissure then a colonoscopy might be necessary I hope I was of help,if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards