Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes pain under my ribs and cloudy urine?

General Surgeon
my ribs in my back hurt have cloudy urine foamy urine sometimes
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urinary tract infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Cloudy urine and back pain indicate urinary tract infection. You may also have lower abdominal pain, frequent urinating, burning while urinating, fever. Foamy urine indicates protein presence in the urine. It may be also a sign of infection, however sometimes chronic renal failure to give protein in the urine as well. I suggest you to visit a doctor, have urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound. Antibiotics are necessary. Please also start taking cranberries supplements and drink more mineral water. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.