What causes pain under left breast?

General Surgeon
a pain under my left breast woke me up the other night should I have it checked out
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, you should have it checked. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Yes, you should have it checked by a doctor. Left chest pain can indicate heart problem. Especially if it was squeezing or burning pain radiating to the left arm or jaw with shortness of breath. If the pain was stabbing and well localized, more intense when breathing, rib nerves pain could be the reason. In such case, you may start magnesium supplementation and try non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (like Diclophenac). Please visit your doctor and have heart ECG and blood work done at first. If the symptoms indicate heart issue, cardiologist consult is also necessary. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.