What causes pain on left side of chest with heart palpitations and extreme excessive sweating?

Hi, i have slight pain on left side of chest like a cramp sort of pain but breathing deep does not make it worse. which i have had for about 3 months. The pain is about 1cm to the left of my left nipple. It seems to get worse when i do exercise. Probably have pain on average about 1 hour per day. To be honest when i lie down on back i notice my left rib cage is raised higher than my right side rib cage. I am 28 yr old male. smoked weed for 10yrs straight mixed with tobaco and have been without it for 3 days which has made no difference with the pain. I also have heart palpitations and extreme excessive sweating which i have had for over a year. Kind Regards XXXX
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Musculoskeletal cause Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The chest pain that you are describing occurs 1 hour per day amd then resolves. This pain appears to be musculoskeletal in origin. The fact that it has stayed on for 3 months and that it exacerbates with exercise further go in the favour of musculoskeletal condition. It is certainly not related to drug abuse or dependence. You need to rest for a couple of days and take muscle relaxants such as myoril and some pain killers like diclofenac for pain relief as required. Avoid doing exercises for a month and things should settle down. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What causes pain on left side of chest with heart palpitations and extreme excessive sweating? 1 hour later
OK, Thanks for that. I wonder if this problem is also related to when i breath deep and then exhale i get a clicking/ popping sound in my spine upon exhaling. This happens almost everytime i breath deep then exhale. I try to tell my GP about it but when i made app to show him the popping sound it didn`t happen and he probably thinks i`m crazy. Let me know if you think it`s musculoskeletal related or if you have had any experience with this popping sound before. Thanks Also the user selected catagory- Drug abuse. I`m not sure how that happened cause there is no reason why i would have selected that my question had nothing to do with drug abuse. But that`s ok i am happy with your answer. Regards
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Regards Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up query. Yes the popping sound can occur if there is a collision of spinal bones or popping of the ligaments across spine , the later being more common. Nothing to worry unless there is any pain. Hope that helps Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD