What causes pain on left lower abdomen?

sir for the last few days I am feeling mild pain in the left side of my lower abdomen, my doctor advised me to under go Occult Stool examination and USG, both are normal. however, I off and on feel mild pain. kindly advise me.
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be due to constipation Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXX Pain on left lower abdomen is usually due to colon problem. It could possibly related to either Constipation that is either passing hard stools or infrequent stools. In the absence of Constipation it could possibly be due to colitis that is inflammation of the colon, it could sometimes be associated with complaint of loose stool. It would be very helpful if you could provide the other associated complaints. Do get back to me for any further assistance. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD
Follow-up: What causes pain on left lower abdomen? 33 hours later
i have no complaint of constipation however sometimes my stool is loose in nature and the frequency is more than once a day to be precise twice a day. kindly advice me regarding precautions in diet and need for further investigations.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of Amoebic colitis Detailed Answer: Hi Greetings Recent onset of loose stools with increased frequency is likely to be due to colitis and is due to amoebiasis. I would advise you the following 1. Tablet Metronidazole 400 mg thrice daily for 7 days 2. Drink boiled and cooled water 3. Preferably consume home cooked food. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD