What causes pain midway in both humerus?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have pain in both my humerus(s). Midway. on both. It is so painful to sleep at night. Cannot get comfortable. Started a year ago. I have searched and searched the net, and found nothing. Other people in forums that I have visited said traditional med. has not helped them. Nobody seems to know anything about this strange pain situation.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Systemic muscle weakness, or nerve compression. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case, Pain midway in both humerus can be due to systemic muscle weakness, or nerve compression. Nerve compression can be originating from spine or diffuse pain from shoulder [frozen shoulder is common in diabetics] You need clinical examination from orthopaedic surgeon to know the origin of pain and investigation accordingly. Investigation like MRI cervical spine, EMG-NCV [Nerve conduction study], CPK and x ray shoulder with humerus may help. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief Strengthening gradual exercises will help in reducing pain. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.