What causes pain inside the knee after an injury?
User rating for this question
I injured my knee just by standing up. felt a "tweak" and now I have 2 bubbles on kneecap that appear to be filled with fluid. . Hurts when I walk. Have been icing and heating on and off. Pain is on the inside of knee nowhere near bubbles.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get x-ray done. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. Pain inside the knee seems to be due to some ligament tear inside knee joint. It can be diagnosed accurately with physical examination, X-ray and MRI. Though there can be other possibilities. Thus the doctor may advise you x-ray and if need be then he may advise you MRI. You can discuss the report with your doctor. Your doctor will do inspection and palpation of your knee joint and compare his findings with your x-ray report. Do not worry about bubbles on knee cap. These seem to be blisters. Please do not apply ice and heat together as it may increase the size of bubbles/blisters. Do not try to puncture your blisters by yourself. Let your doctor assess you. For pain you may take 1 tablet aceclofenac + serratiopeptidase 3 times a day by discussing it with your doctor. Please do not take any medicine without prescription of your doctor. Try to avoid running and prolong standing for at least 3 weeks. I hope you have got your answer. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
People also viewed
- Diagnosed with sciatica noticed swelling in ankle are these related
- 7 year old diapers at night
- What is the cause of knee pain after injury
- What are the treatment available for tietze syndrome
- What causes pain inside the knee after an injury
- Shin injury knee pain what is the cause
- Illeostomy and diaper rash
- What is the cause of fainting after a knee injury
- Having neck pain how to get relief
- Why am i feeling pain on knee while walking
- Herniated disk and wearing a diaper
- Elderly people needing diapers
- Frequent urination during pregnancy diapers
- What causes knee swelling after an injury
- Having neck pain should i consult a specialist