What causes pain inside bones when suffering from degenerative arthritis?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
For years I've had degenerative arthritis disease confined to my spine. About 3 years ago I had a knee replacement. This year something new started. Now both shoulders, more neck and my right hip and leg are feeling it. Already on so many meds and can't go to therapy or acupuncture due to work schedule. W by do I now hurt all inside my bones, even resting
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. You are suffering from polyarthitis, the cause of this might be Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus), psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis (OA), Infectious arthritis or crystal deposition arthritis. I would suggest you to get yourself examined by an Orthopaedician for multiple joint pains . You would be asked to undergo few blood tests like Hb, RBS, TLC, DLC, ESR, RA factor, CRP and Thyroid profile. These investigations will help us find out the exact cause. Discuss with your doctor. I would also like to give some advice to make the life better and to fight with these pains- Do regular physiotherapy of joints. Hot fomentation to decrease the joint stiffness Hot bath of Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate)-Magnesium has both anti-inflammatory and anti- arthritic properties and it can be absorbed through the skin. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: What causes pain inside bones when suffering from degenerative arthritis? 1 hour later
Thank you. What is hot fomentation and physiotherapy of joints? Also, I have been extremely tired. Could tiredness be part of this? 10 hours of sleep and nothing but work and sleep and still tired.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Extremely tiredness could be part of this. Detailed Answer: Hi, Hot fomentation is application of heat. You can use heating pad to the joints. Physiotherapy of joints include stretching and strengthening exercises. Extremely tiredness could be part of this. Taking calcium and vitamin D 3 supplements will also help in early recovery. You can get these prescribed from your orthopedician. Routine physical activity is always advised as this will prevent stiffness from aggravating.