What causes pain in thighs,hip and in groin area?

General Surgeon
I am having pain down my right thigh into my hip and in my groin/pelvic area on my right side. I feel nausea I think because of the pain, not sure though. Have had headaches the last few days. Just overall not feeling good with this pain.
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such symptoms can be caused by inguinal hernia, urinary tract infection, urinary tract stones. If the pain is also present in the back and buttock, spine problems can be the reason. Inguinal hernia usually gives a lump in the groin which can be visible when standing and coughing. The pain aggravates when lifting heavy objects. Urinary tract issues usually give also burning while urinating and/or frequent urinating. Fever and headache can be present. Back pain and lower abdominal pain can appear as well. I suggest you to visit your doctor and have some tests done. Urine analysis, abdominal ultrasound and blood work should be first. In case of hernia possibility, ultrasound of groin area should be also done. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.