Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What causes pain in the right testicle?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12545 Questions
I have face some problem in my right side testis gland. I have realized little pain some times not continuous, on my right side testis gland since last 10-15 days earlier.

I need advice from your end what can I do for that.

xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Trauma or injury to the testicles can cause pain, but pain in the testicle is often the result of medical issues that will require treatment. These include:

* damage to the nerves of the scrotum caused by diabetic neuropathy
* epididymitis, or inflammation of the testicles, caused by the STI chlamydia
*gangrene, or the death of tissues, as a result of untreated testicular torsion or trauma
* a hydrocele, which is characterized by swelling of the scrotum
*an inguinal hernia
*kidney stones
*orchitis, or inflammation of the testicle
*a spermatocele, or fluid in the testicle
*an undescended testicle
*a varicocele, or a group of enlarged veins in the testicle
Pain that doesn’t require medical care can be treated at home using the following measures:

Wear an athletic supporter, or cup, to support the scrotum.
Use ice to reduce swelling in the scrotum.
Take warm baths.
Support your testicles while lying down by placing a rolled towel under your scrotum.
Use over-the-counter pain medications like acetaminophen or ibuprofen to reduce pain.

With more severe pain, you’ll need to seek treatment from your doctor. Your doctor will complete a physical exam of your abdomen, groin, and scrotum to determine what’s causing your pain and will also ask you about your current health conditions and any other symptoms.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor