What causes pain in the left lower stomach?

i am having pain in the left lower stomach/pelvic region. have a sore spot there that has persisted for several days now. suspect a possible hernia as i have shoveled snow recently but am concerned as the pain is not getting any better. no fever or other symptoms.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible muscle pull after shoveling snow.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX I have read your medical history and understood your concerns. The pain you are feeling in the left lower stomach/pelvic region might be related to muscle pull after shoveling snow. I advise to apply warm clothing to the pain area and to take oral pain-killers. If the pain will persist for another week, I suggest to get checked by a physician to rule out: - hernia - bowel problems (especially if you are having problems with constipation) - urinary tract issues (stones, infection) - enlarged prostate and to run further tests: - abdominal ultrasound - urine analysis Hope it was of help! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!