What causes pain in the left jaw?

my left jaw has been hurting. cardiac problems have been ruled out. sometimes I feel like its the bone other times like its inside. I chew gum a lot and clench my teeth.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 2 hours later
Brief Answer: the pain seems to be dental related. Detailed Answer: Hello there, Pain in the left jaw can be due to the habit of clenching or grinding of teeth. It is unlikely from the heart. Do you have habit of clenching or grinding of teeth? If yes, then it might lead to jaw soreness / tenderness. In such case, I recommend that you get your bite checked; stressor managed well. If needed a mouth guard may be used. If you don't have this habit of clenching/grinding teeth, I would order for OPG radiograph after a thorough examination to understand the cause. As you investigate for the cause, if it hurts you badly you may try tablet flexon; it should take care of the pain. Your doctor will know about this medicine. Hope this information helps you! Wishing you a Healthy Recovery! Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.