What causes pain in the groin?

front lower left side above the groin area pain level 4-5, since Friday afternoon
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: May be a strained muscle/tissue Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much or this query. I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have in the left groin. The description of this pain is very non specific and suggestive of a pulled/strained tissue if there is no other complaint associated like urination difficulty, defecation difficulty , etc. This would be very typical if you got involved in some form of physical activity involving these muscles. For now, I will suggest that you get pain medications to control this condition for the next 5days. if these symptoms persist, then it would warrant a more thorough medical assessment. A combination of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol as directed by your pharmacist for 5days would be a good option to start with. I hope this helps and addresses your query fully. If you think there is some more information you have that was not mentioned, please, feel free to follow up with me and I will gladly address this. Thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.