What causes pain in the back of lower leg after ejaculation?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Immediately after ejaculation I feel a spasm-like pain in the back of my lower right leg several inches above my heel.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Muscle stretch leading to pain immediately Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. There is possibility of muscle stretch leading to pain immediately after ejaculation. For these symptoms muscle relaxant with analgesic will help. You can apply local anti-inflammatory gel. Till time, avoid exertion. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hot and cold fomentation to leg Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: What causes pain in the back of lower leg after ejaculation? 4 minutes later
The pain is located midway between heel and calf muscle and consists of 2-3 spams over a period of several seconds. My high cholesterol is being controlled by fenofibrate. I take a B12 supplement 1000mcg. and Multivitamin that contain 600IU D3. Is it possible that I am taking too much (especially the B12)?

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Explained below Detailed Answer: Hello again, Location of your pain suggest muscle /tendon cramp. Continue above said treatment. You are taking right amount of B12 and Multivitamin. Continue your cholestrol lowering agent. If pain persist you may need to further investigate. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to rate this at end of discussion. Wishing you good health. Take care.