What causes pain in temples?

Hello. Two days ago I have a sudden fast single pain in my right temples. During that day there was 4 of those. Yestarday there was 2 small ones and one bigger. Today its 10am and I have alreadey 4 of those. Is is something serious? Im M/31y/240lb. After the first day I chesk my blood presure it was 135/90.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Ice-Prick Headache. Please answer for my doubts. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These symptoms which you are facing now look like you are suffering from Ice Pick Headaches. But to rule out other possible causes, I would like to have few answers. Did you have any nausea or vomiting before or during the episodes of headache? Do you have any running nose or sinus problems? Do you have giddiness or vertigo? Do you have any ear or eye problems? Have you ever had similar problem in fast? The Blood pressure of 135/90 usually does not cause headache. Very high blood pressure can cause Headache. But not this type of headache. Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What causes pain in temples? 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for fast respond. I never have any of those symptoms you asking. I almost never have any headache(I do have a low blood sugar level and I understand that was the reason for headache in past). I hade also alwas problems with blood pressure. Usually it was 140-150/80-95. I just did some research... Can be inflammation of the trigeminal nerve?
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 12 hours later
Brief Answer: TGN usually by triggers. Need Neurological examina Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your reply. As you suspected, the pain may be due to Trigeminal neuralgia. Both trigeminal neuralgia and Ice pick share the common features. But Trigeminal neuralgia is most frequently triggered by washing, shaving, smoking, talking and/or brushing the teeth. There is no such trigger factors in Ice Pick Headache. More over trigeminal neuralgia usually affect the chin and cheek. But both should be concluded only after thorough neurological and local physical examination. If there is any neurological findings, this should be ruled out by further investigations like MRI and CT scan and nerve studies. Thus you need thorough neurological examination and further investigation to rule out any neurological cause. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.