What causes pain in tailbone after an injury?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I fell down some steps and landed on my tailbone. I have sever pain from tailbone especially when I sit. I also have shingles on my head. I need some pain medicine for relief
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. From description it seems to be soft tissue injury over tailbone. You need an x-ray to rule out any bony injury. Do icing over affected area. You can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid sitting over hard surface and rest well. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care