What causes pain in pelvis,back and breast with nausea,vomiting,cold and fever during periods?

May 2013
hi, I am a 24 year girl.4 years back i had undergone 2 scans which said multiiple heamorrhagic cysts in both ovaries and ?endometriosis. later scans were either normal or showed lesions.yesterday i underwent a scan which says multiple sub cm sized follicles in both complaints are body pain before periods, severe pelvic and back pain and pain in breasts during periods, nausea, vomiting, cold and slight fever.i would want to know whats the exact problem i am having?and would it cause any complications in future whe i go for marriage or pregnancy?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibly poly cystic ovary disease Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Hemorrhagic cysts can occur due to rupture of ovarian follicles in regular menstrual cycle. As at present there are no hemorrhagic cysts, no need to worry. The multiple cysts you are having at present may be suggesting poly cystic ovary disease. Some amount of pain abdomen, breast pain etc are common in premenstrual phase. Symptomatic treatment is sufficient to treat them usually. If your ovary size is more due to PCOD that can be one cause for pain abdomen. If the ovary size is within normal range and if there are no signs of pelvic infection, no need to worry. Possibly by taking treatment for hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance etc features of PCOD, your symptoms can get relieved. If you are having regular ovulatory cycles there may not be any major problem with fertility. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes pain in pelvis,back and breast with nausea,vomiting,cold and fever during periods? 30 minutes later
Thank you. my cycles are regular,well within 35 or at the most 40 there is no symptom of endometriosis? i mean thats unlikely?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Less possibility for endometriosis Detailed Answer: Hi, As your latest ultrasound doesn't show signs of endometriosis, there is less possibility for it. To get confirmatory evidence you may need specific investigative procedures like MRI, diagnostic laparoscopy etc. Usually menstrual cycle of 21 to 35 days duration can be taken as normal. You try with symptomatic treatment with your doctor's advice. If problem subsides no need to worry. Take care.