What causes pain in ovary location and pain under my ribs?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
ON THE RIGHT SIDE , BELOW MY WAIST IS SWOLLEN. THE STRETCH MARKS ARE SWOLLEN AND VERY PRONOUNCED. TERE'S AN ACHE AND SOME PAIN IN OVARY LOCATION AND PAIN UNDER MY RIBS.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Examination and ultrasound Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Right lower abdominal pain can be seen due to causes like: -Appendicitis -Ovarian cysts or tumors -Bowel related problems etc. Just by location we cannot come to one conclusion regarding the problem. Diagnosis needs detailed history, examination and investigations. So, once consult gynecologist or general surgeon, get examined and go for ultrasound. With this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.